My New Year’s photographic resolutions
This is a spontaneous post, I didn’t have any intention to write it out, but I kept thinking what I want for my photography journey in 2017 and I think writing it down might help sealing the deal. 🙂 So, before I start, Happy New Year everyone, I am thankful for the inspiration this community has provided me in the past almost three years and even if now I have a brand new website I’ll keep my photographic journey documented here where it started.
So, briefly, what do I wish to do in 2017 regarding my photography?
- Be more intentional when I shoot, focus on creating stories rather than single images, create photoessays and series rather than randomly shoot what I see. I want to do a long term photographic project but I’m still struggling to find that special thing that inspires me. Working on it.
- Sell images. Some of you know already in 2016 I’ve gotten into the stock market. I started with iStock and Adobe and I was accepted as a contributor for both, but then later I discovered an easier way to submit photos, and that’s through EyeEm market. EyeEm has a very sleek way of uploading photos, and they partner with Getty, Adobe and Alamy. So when you upload a photo on EyeEm market, it gets reviewed and there are three possible outcomes: the photo is accepted for the EyeEm market, the photo is accepted for the EyeEm market plus is included in a Premium collection (which means is automatically going to be available on their partners’ markets too), or it’s rejected. I haven’t sold any image yet, but I am positive that my efforts of shooting stock and uploading will not be in vain. 🙂
- Share knowledge. Some wise person once said that teaching is the best way of learning. I want to share what I know with other people. It will help them and it will help me to organize my knowledge. Even though there are many things I don’t know yet, I know how far I came in three years and this is mainly due to others sharing their craft. So cheers for sharing.
- More clients. This has to happen, because I have bills, and I have to pay this bills, and I actually really love working with people. I have to up my marketing game. Although I have worked on promoting others’ business for more than 10 years, I still struggle when it comes to promoting my own work. So yeah, something to think about and action asap.
- Learn every single day. Because I love what I do, learning is fun and exciting, and I plan to keep it that way.
- Connect. Because of my rather shy nature, I tend to spend a lot of time alone and I’m not that comfortable with reaching out to people. This has changed a lot in the past few years and I plan to continue to work on it. I want to reach out to people who inspire me and connect with them.
There are many more little things I’m thinking about, but this is the big picture.
2017 is the year of DREAMING BIG!
I’d love to hear your thoughts, advices, or your own resolutions. 🙂